Not even a month into winter and already buried in snow, robbed of sunlight, and facing more long months of cold and dark.
Even Flashionista’s living in balmy climates are forced to bury their style under layers to stay warm this year. We found some incentives to get you through to spring, whether you’re slogging through slush or freezing in the tropics.
A Blast of Color Beats the Cold
1. DKNY Red Puffer Jacket folds into an 8″ x10″ matching bag. On sale at Bloomingdale’s, $206.
2. Cashmere Cable Hat. On sale at Bloomingdale’s, $43.50.
3. Uggs Purple Shearling Gloves. On sale at Nordstrom, $82.90.
4. Hunter super stylish waterproof rubber boots in Green. Zappos, $125.
5. Rockport Lorraine waterproof rubber boots in Magenta, Zappos, $123.95
6. Patagonia Down Sweater Vest. REI, $150.
7. Cashmere Dip Dye Wrap in Mulberry. Nordstrom, $51.90.
8. DKNY Turq Puffer Vest with bag. On sale at Bloomingdale’s, $135.
9. Weekender Red Waterblock Gloves, Neiman Marcus Last Call, $30.
10. Rockport Lorraine waterproof rubber boots in Denim Blue, Zappos, $123.95
NOTE: To keep feet extra warm in waterproof boots, try Welly Socks, Zappos, $35.
Bring on the Neutrals
1. Vests and sleeveless coats make great
seasonal updates in any climate.
2. Crushable Wool Stetson. Schlepers, $59.99
3. Long Tie Front Sweater Vest. Nordstrom, $33.
4. Portolano Yam Leather Gloves with Brass
Grommets. Bluefly, $75.
5. Portolano Brown Leather Gloves with Leopard
trim. Bluefly, $75.
6. Khaki Vest with zip-in liner. J Crew, $110.
7. Outerwear Vest in Leopard Fake Fur.
8. Calvin Klein Patent Rubber Boot in dark Olive.
9. Fantasy Sweater Vest. On sale Neiman Marcus,
Get a Leg Up On Style
We asked Sherrie Mathieson, style consultant and author of Steal This Style, for one item she couldn’t get through the winter without. Her answer: “Wool leggings with over-the-knee suede boots and an anorak or long sweater is my staple look.”