Just when we’re at our most fearsome and fabulous, we find ourselves competing with people years younger for jobs, promotions, and attention. Even if we’re lucky enough not to be in the job market, that’s no excuse to let ourselves go.
What dates us can also age us.
10 Things That Should Be Stopped,Dumped, or Donated.
- Mom Jeans. The rise should not be too long or too short, but hit just below the natural waist. Leg length should cover the top of the heel. You may need a shorter pair and a longer pair to accommodate different heel heights.
- No maxis, minis, or granny dresses–we did those 40 years ago. Now the best lengths are from mid–knee to about 2 inches below the knee.
- Obvious suit looks–matched suits have given way to elegant separates. Matchy–matchy is moldy–oldie.
- Matching shoes and bags–it’s not necessary, in fact, it’s much more modern if they don’t.
- Exaggerated shoulders and big shoulder pads–the linebacker look screams 80s.
- Ear muffs, leg warmers, toe rings, and pastel pull-on pants. If your toddler, teen, or mother-in-law wears it–you probably shouldn’t.
- Christmas tree jumpers, Halloween sweaters or sweat shirts with sparkly teddy bears–theme dressing is for Disneyworld.
- Pleated trousers–unless you’re rail thin.
- Frosted hair–try lowlights instead.
- Dark lip liner, and/or dark lipstick. Try a natural sheer lip color instead.
5 Things that will take 10 years off your look right now.
- Update your haircut.
- Get a facial with a chemical (glycolic) peel.
- Wear a crisp white shirt.
- Invest in a good bra.
- Whiten you teeth.