2012 Fashion: How to SPARKLE!
Even with the THE most fashionable accoutrements, a girl is more than just a clothes hanger.
Although we’re only a few weeks into the New Year, many of our best laid resolutions have already been broken. According to behavioral scientists, milk has a longer shelf life than most New Year’s resolutions. Most are toast by January 30. So, chuck em.’
Instead try our Top 5 De-Resolutions for 2012
1. Stop comparing yourself to Oprah, Madonna, or the Kardashians. Not all of us were put here to build media empires or sing and dance naked in front of millions. Nothing puts us in a funk faster than thinking we’re not good enough as we are. There’s something good about you and if you’re not sure what it is (or you need a little ego boost) ask someone you trust.
2. Stop apologizing. If you’re responsible for creating a dastardly problem then take the responsibility, say you’re sorry and then let it go. Chronic apologizing is not conducive to healthy self-esteem. You are NOT the cause of most problems so you don’t need to apologize for them.
3. Stop procrastinating. Avoidance is the antidote to what overwhelms us, which may commonly be the BIG unrealistic goals we set for ourselves. Earn more. Eat less. Lose weight. Find love. Get in shape. Get out of debt. These are some common BIG goals that end up on resolution lists. Listing any one of these without a clear path of small steps to reach the end goal is a sure way to create a climate ripe for procrastinating.
4. Stop beating yourself up for comparing, apologizing and procrastinating. It’s the least you can do while you’re working on the only real goal that should be on your resolution list: self-acceptance.
5. Start loving yourself. To jump start loving yourself see points 1 through 4 above!
What Makes Them Stick? Our tendency is to start the New Year with a list of resolutions and gung-ho motivation. For resolutions to become good habits, make the kind of New Year’s resolutions that boost self-confidence and make positive changes in your routine.