1. This is a Carven Coat. It was a holiday gift from my husband. We got lucky at a Barney’s after Christmas sale! My only criterion was I didn’t want another BLACK coat. This one is really charming and I feel really cool in it.
2. Gold leather gloves. I bought these and paid full retail very early in the season. I wear them carefully. Leather gloves seem to have a short life span, either I lose one or they get all stretched out. I usually buy them on sale after Christmas but I LOVED this color and knew if I waited I’d never find it again.
3. Cashmere cardigan. There are a few items I buy and wear ALL the time and cardigans are one of them. I like to wear them under blazers too. This one is a White & Warren grey cashmere. I’m trying to wean myself off black so I buy grey!
4, 6, & 8. My jewels. I load them on. Since I’m a jewelry designer and seller, I wear mostly my own stuff. The Gautama bracelet (4) and the Industrial Wrap (8) are at the top of my current rotation. The tray of necklaces contains items I like to layer on. My style has evolved around jewelry. My clothes are simple to accommodate all the accessories I wear.
5. My shoes. These are Talbots. I like heels but need to be comfortable, these work. Christian Louboutin is always quoted saying that his shoes are works of art and art should transcend comfort. Every time I read one of his crazy quotes I want to put HIM in a pair of his 5 inch stilettos and make him walk from the Empire State Building to the Port Authority, a distance of about half a mile which New Yorkers do regularly.
7. Red Lips. I wear Lipstick Queen Sinner in Rouge. It has 90% pigment which means your lips make a statement without saying a word.
9. My Vince Tunic. This was a splurge this past fall. It’s silk and feels like heaven on my body. It dresses up my jeans and looks great under cardigans. I wore it with high heeled sandals and coral ankle pants on vacation.
10. My bag. Carol S. Miller’s bags are a secret that should be shared. After a long career in the fashion industry (just like moi) Carol started designing handbags. Her bags have no visible labels. They look like a million and cost a whole lot less.
11. My jeans. They’re Tallbots Straight Leg and have a lot going for them. They are well priced and fit like a dream. For the most part, once a girl is over 40 her jeans should NOT call attention to themselves. Bad fitting jeans can be as damaging to your look as a 2 month cake binge.