Wear White With Style: Continued From Part 1
Beware of the White-Out. White on white is fine, and you can mix your shades of white, but cut the glare and wear colored shoes, bags, and accessories. Even the bride wears something blue.
Check the grin-through. This is the term for when the pockets or lining of white garments show through. It may solve the problem to just have the pockets removed, but first make sure the garment is not too see-through
Don’t wearing white to a wedding. It’s the brides color and it’s her prerogative to invite others to wear it, (the bridal party for instance). A white blouse is OK if it’s worn with a colored suit.
Don’t wear white underwear. It’ll shine through like a beacon. Wear nude or flesh colored, the closer the color of your underwear is to your skin tone the more it will disappear.
NEVER wear white hose. Even nurses don’t so it anymore. If you’re under 5 you get a pass on this one. If you’re a bride…maybe.
1. Calvin Klein linen shirt jacket, $70.
2. Turquoise Cat Eye Sunglasses, $16.
3. Calvin Klein sheer cotton boyfriend shirt, $50.
4. Stripe Canvas Tote, $38.
5. Chico’s Stretch Belt.
6. Ann Taylor, white cotton trousers, $98.
7. White loafers, Bass, $98.
8. White dress, Chico’s, $99.
2. J.Crew, Fedora, $58.
3. Fossil Stella Watch, $79.
4. Talbots Linen Skirt, $99.
5. Archie Canvas Messenger Bag, Zappos, $89.
6. Talbots White Roll-up pants, $79.
7. Eileen Fisher belt, $128.
8. Nine West bold yellow kitten heels, &79.
9. Dooney & Burke white tote, $238.
10.Pour La Victoire, thong sandal, $182.