How to Feel More Confident: Take a Lesson From Liz
Taking a few confidence boosters from what we loved and learned from Liz.
- Keep company with people who support your mission. She married into tabloid DNA. Her first husband, Nicky Hilton, was a great uncle of Paris Hilton. It was the beginning of her notorious marriage marathon.
- Have a strong platform. To be a Diva you need legendary talent and a lot of resilience.
- Stand out from the crowd. Why be demure when you can be FABULOUS? Her sometimes-radiant sometimes-radical fashion sense was expressly hers, and it didn’t mellow with age.
- Have good friends. Rock Hudson, Montgomery Clift, and James Dean to name a few. She is also the godmother of Prince and Paris Jackson, children of her friend Michael Jackson.
- And great frenemies: One of the last friends to see her before she died was Debbie Reynolds. With a couple of decades between Eddie Fisher divorcing Reynolds to marry Taylor, the two women managed to become great friends. Time heals most wounds.
- Be worth waiting for. She was legendary for being late. She arranged to be 15 minutes late for her own funeral.
- Create a lasting impression. She even outlived her obit. The man who wrote her obituary for the New York Times, Mel Gussow, died in 2005.