Even though we wear notoriously little when we’re beaching it or lounging pool side, that’s no excuse to treat what we wear as an afterthought.
Beach style varies depending on where you are. Palm Beach is known for classic Grande dames and heiresses in training, Miami is all skimpy, glitzy, Euro-glam, and in St. Tropez, it’s all about the right uber expensive beachwear, casually tossed beside naked bodies on the beach. Every watering hole has it’s own fashion ethos. The less we wear, the more style matters.
We gathered some of our favorite pieces for lounging in style whether you’re poolside or on a tropical beach.
Don’t go all gaga and think this is a license to tan. Sunbathing has nothing to do with looking like a goddess, for that, it’s all about attitude. Take cover under a fabulous umbrella and a glamorous hat. And don’t forget to wear sunscreen!
1. Pucci inspired Beach cover up by Echo Design, Zappos, $98.
2. Blue Quartz Ring, Env Jewelry, $85.
3. Turquoise Straw Hat, Point Loma Swinger, Village Hat Shop, $28.
4. Color Block Tankini by Inches Off, Top $38.
5. Big Budda Black & White Mission Bag, Zappos, $70.
6. Black Miraclesuit, Pearl Javelin, $158.
7. Roxy Plastic Watch, Endless.com, $50.
8. Woman Within, Plus Size, Tankini Bottom, $19.
9. Woman Within, Side Tie Sarong Suit, Penbrooke, $70
11. Village Hat Shop, Striped Beach Hat, $25.
12. Miraclesuit, Ruched Red Tummy Control Suit, Macy’s.com. $128.
13. Palio Red & Orange Beach Bag, Beachstore.com, $35.
14. Pucci inspired Beach cover up by Echo Design, Zappos, $98.
15. Fuchsia & Orange Reed with Rope Handle Woven Tote, $24.
16. Houston Enamel Bangle Watch, $20.
17. Striped Portable Beach Umbrella, Amazon.com, $50.